Next entry: Corcoran & May revisited

Previous entry: Back to Uxbridge

Wednesday, 25 April 2007
Earth Day 2007

Earth Day - recycling

Yesterday was Earth Day, and the recycling people came round and put up a stall and a dispay on my client’s premises again. I posted recently about their last visit to promote recycling and their visit this time continued with that theme. The photograph above shows the kinds of materials that are collected for recycling under the present (extended) regime. Rather than push the “we burn your materials to produce energy” line, a thrust of yesterday’s message was how the recycled materials are used to create plastic rulers, pencils, notpads, etc.  The photograph above shows the types of materials collected, and the photograph below illustrates the types of materials that are produced from recycled materials.

Earth Day - recycling

Posted by bigblue on 25/04/2007 at 07:48 AM
Filed under: EuropeUnited KingdomEngland • (8) CommentsPermalinkBookmark or Share

I’ve no problem with recycling but I can’t help feeling a bit down at the people who feel appeased by their act of stacking up their waste for collection, the more the better, for some. They might not burn it but recycling is an energy consuming activity. It’s not capitalism but just avoiding consuming stuff and doing without in the first place has got to be the first line of attack. Consume less, re-use then recycle. Yes?

Posted by Laura  on  11/05/2007  at  12:46 PM

Yes, I totally agree:
Reduce, reuse, recycle…

Posted by bigblue  on  12/05/2007  at  08:28 PM

ok rant over wink

Posted by Laura  on  12/05/2007  at  09:25 PM

I don’t think it’s a rant; I think it’s a very valid point. Another area that deserves further analysis is the whole off-setting wheeze.

There’s a spoof site which just about sums it up Offset Cheating.  If you want to cheat on your partner you can get someone to “offset” it by pledging to be faithful to theirs.

Posted by bigblue  on  13/05/2007  at  11:53 PM

Oh yes. Pixie-husband was telling me about this cock talking on the radio about how he had managed to offset his numerous yearly flights for the tiny sum of £22.50. I expect £22.50 for someone else to plant some trees or suchlike is a smidge for someone he swans about the beautiful parts of the planet, happy with the mess everyone poorer has to suffer. Nice one, arsehole. and that is a rant…

Posted by Laura  on  15/05/2007  at  07:08 PM

Do you remember whether the cock’s name started with Dave and ended with Cameron?

Posted by Janet  on  15/05/2007  at  10:14 PM

I don’t know but a cock is a cock. Say no more.

Posted by Laura  on  15/05/2007  at  10:56 PM

LOL!

Posted by bigblue  on  17/05/2007  at  12:07 AM

To post a comment Login or Register (Why?)