bigbluemeanie

Navigation

Home | Links | .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) | Videos | Oxted Paris Cycle Ride | Scarlett | Site notices

About This Site

About
A personal weblog with photographs and comments. Quiet ramblings, quite rambling...

Members

Login | Register | Why?

Search

Advanced Search

Most recent entries

Recent entries with comments

Feeds

Categories

Monthly Archives

Links

Lately listening to


Site Statistics

Site Credits

Next entry: La bore

Previous entry: The Royal Albert Hall

Sunday, 23 September 2007
London House

image

The house on the right is (apparently) London House in Bala, North Wales, home of the “famous” blind preacher, the Rev Dr John Puleston Jones (1862-1925). He was the eldest son of Evan Jones of Bala and his wife Mary Ann Puleston of Llanfair.  After their marriage

Evan and Mary lived for a few months at “The Berth”, in the Vale of Clwyd, home of Mary Ann’s mother. Here their son John Puleston Jones was born in 1862, later in life known as ’ the blind Preacher ‘. From the ‘Berth’ Evan Jones and his wife and infant son went to Bala to live for about a year at a house named “Tremarran” in Tegid Street, just opposite the Welsh Presbyterian Chapel. They then moved to a house named “London House”, in the High Street,  Bala.  The ground floor being a shop where Evan Jones sold a variety of goods, household and building materials.  They were at “London House” for about ten years, during which time their son met with the tragic accident which resulted in his being blind for life. Mary Ann’s mother came to live with them at “London House”, where she died in 1867 and was buried with her husband in Llanfair DC Churchyard.

The quote is from the Puleston Jones website which has much information about the family.

Posted by bigblue on 23/09/2007 at 05:28 PM
Filed under: EuropeUnited KingdomWales • (0) CommentsPermalinkBookmark or Share

To post a comment Login or Register (Why?)